Tuesday, June 5, 2007

discovering Adobe day by day

As days go by, I realize that I know so little and that there is so much to know and to discover in this world. I was enjoying a beer this evening with my colleagues -- Happy Birthday, Andrei :) -- and I was just listening to their high-schools tales or college memories. I felt like until now I was trapped in a small box, with some small windows outside, but being too busy to fit there, never had time to actually see the world. It's strange that I never felt like belonging to a technical environment; at home, with my friends, at school and later at work, I faced real life, with an economic background and with some little tendencies to art and bohemian people, so no engineering or IT around me, and now, it's like discovering fire, it's like discovering the wheel, everything, but everything is so new. Starting with the JD-s and job positions we have to fill in and continuing with the people and the way they are, and their stories and their way of enjoying life. I do not want to be misunderstood, I do not discriminate, it's just I feel day by day more and more overwhelmed by them and by the fact that I feel home among them. I only felt like this in my early years in AIESEC. I do not know now if it's the IT thing, or it's just the InterAKT spirit, or just the people around me, or the organizational culture -- hmm, too much HR :) -- but it really, really feels great.
Beside all this, I'm starting to get to know my colleagues, one by one, it's so strange how one needs to adapt not just to a culture when joining a new organization, but to every person that forms that organization. Over all, what I like most is that people aren't afraid to give you negative feedback and they are doing it in a very direct and natural manner, of course in a personalized way, but trying to be as objective as possible. I'm eager to go deeper in this organization and find that balance that can help me become objective and subjective each time is needed. In the mean while, just enjoying each day, of course enjoying Del and Ducu, Miti and Remus, Ciufi and Bodi, and Vic and Mihaela, and every team member one by one :)
aura, close to midnight, over and out

No comments: