Friday, June 8, 2007

how is to belong to a place

It's almost 9 AM in Bucharest and I'm here in the office waiting for a candidate to come for an interview; it seems that he will not come this morning, I will take this chance to continue writing a little here and also finish a report from yesterday. It's so strange how I feel being part of Adobe so quickly. When I was with Hudson it felt so right and I did not imagine that I could belong to a different place. But here, here is like going back to AIESEC and my student days, when I was myself with all people around me without being afraid of what X will tell about me or about what Y will think if I'll behave in a way or in another. I can speak freely, I can express my ideas, I get feedback when I'm wrong and I get praise when I'm successful. I can be a child and I can be mature without judgements; it is so comforting this feeling, and I finally can say that I come to work with pleasure, that there is no constraint and I no longer expect weekends so eagerly and I do not follow the clock to see if it's 6 PM already :)
One say that people makes the place, I think this is not entirely true, in the past I had great people around me, but it was enough to be at least one that didn't suit the place to ruin everything, here, I have the people and I also have the rest that makes this company a good place to work for, the spirit, the technology, the innovation, learning opportunities each day, challenges, celebrations, but mostly the freedom to just be myself.
I do not know if I chose Adobe or if Adobe chose me, but I think is a good fit, a win-win situation, and what matters the most for me, is the fact that I have the opportunity to see everything growing, to be part of the change, to leave a mark, while in the same time I grow, become more experienced, more mature, more professional and mostly more self confident. I think this is a big achievement for me.
that's it for this morning,
aura

No comments: